Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pictures of the models

Yesterday was great day! But it left me a bit tired - as all good days should.

I was hired as the head make up artist (MuA) for a hair show. There were 28 beautiful and sweet hair models to make prettier.
Fortunate for me I had a stab of very qualified young girls at the Hair Academy who did exellent at executing according to my pictures :)
All of us, 28 models, MuA, as well as the hair dressers was then put in a tiny, round room at Kalmar Castle while waiting to go on stage.
I can tell you the room was so small that we had to perform castling everytime anyone should get anywhere - it was THAT crowded. And the toilet was out through the Castle church, down 4 stairs, outside to the castle yard, into a new door 15 meters away and then down in a dungeon-like toilet. I was so scared! I have never peed faster. Model misery...
The show went well and I hope everyone had fun. It was a nice atmosphere anyway.








At 22.30 I had to walk all by myself all the way from the castle, out to the castles inner yard - I never raised my eyes - I was that afraid of seing a ghost, then through a tunnel and then over a wooden bridge over the moat where the water was all still and black. All of a sudden something made a big splash in the water just under me! I thought my heart stopped for a few seconds. Stupid, stupid duck!
Wondering about the horrific dresses? Well, the poor models had to pick outfits from a bag. I really wished I could have been the wardrobe stylist as well, then I would have put them all in long, black dresses, all in different designs. I think the hair should be the center of attention and not some colorful outfits with unknown background.
There were 3 different hair dressers showing different models, and everyone wanted different make up on their models. It was supposed to be a bit more "show" make up.
I had one of the models as a midnight snack before I left. I needed some energy before I got behind the wheels ;)

8 comments:

  1. sad, the clothing is a distraction. The hair stands out anyway. Looks like it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair looks awesome! I do think you had a great idea about the black long dresses, so that the focus would be on the hair. Why didn't they ask you?! Very nice...so glad you got us a couple of pics :) Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hairstyling of the models looks very cool and for some intricate. And I agree that the colourful clothing is distracting and that your idea about the long, black dresses would have been really nice. I do think it would make focusing on the hair easier. But all in all, they look great. I'm happy that you were able to post picks ;) :D :)~Kelli <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tnx for pictures! I agree with you and all girls about clothing.
    I would pick white -like some girls in your pic (even I cant see if they weare pink pants or something similar) :)
    And where is a picture of you?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off topic: Adora, I am one of those "normal" people, who've discovered you through Perez. I came out of curiosity to see a psycho bitch and ...I found a wonderful person instead- so loving, positive, upbeat, energetic, witty and with an incredible sense of humor. I come here every time I have a bad day. Your posts always fix my mood and inspire me. Much love from Chicago. I love your blog. You are so beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank's all :) I've noticed the hair dressers about the clothing issue, and told them I can do wardrobe next time ;) One must stand up for the wonderful models who took a whole day off just to be in the show. They are worth it.

    @Anonymous: This is just too sweet! This really goes straight to my heart (I even got a bit tear eyed - I'm such a wuss). I hope one day I can lure you to the dark side - see, I AM a psycho bitch ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. the girls are ok- I am a girl, so I don't care. But the boys are insanely gorgeous! I really like them all:)) Naughty me! Great job, Adora! You made their beauty even more subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic makeup, as always!!
    i was wondering if you could share some tips? i know you do this all the time, but i need it :P i'm starting up my own clothing and accessories business, and i look to you for inspiration for my look as well as my products. i've been told i need a coherent 'style' which i can't seem to hold together on myself... any ideas for makeup that's super-goth without people fainting at the sight of me? even though that would be awesome :]
    much love!! <3

    ReplyDelete